Monday, May 4, 2009

Potatoes

I feel like my life is a field. Up until this point all i have learned to grow is potatoes. I've gotten pretty good at growing potatoes. Potatoes are important to the entire world as a major food source. In recognition of this importance, the United Nations officially declared the year 2008 as the International Year of the Potato in order to "increase awareness of the importance of the potato as a food in developing nations" and calling the crop a "hidden treasure". This follows the International Rice Year in 2004.
I am in a season of change for my life currently. I'm looking at a lot of things differently then i have before and a lot of my current roles are shifting in the next few months.
Back to Potatoes...
I feel like my life is a field.
Up until this point all i have grown potatoes. that's what i was taught to grow. that's all i have known. I have been harvested and now i long for something more.
God is tilling me.
Tillage is the agricultural preparation of the soil by ploughing, ripping, or turning it.
For so long now all i have known how to grow is potatoes and God wants to plant something new in me. Something far more grand then i could comprehend at the moment.

I feel that Gods wants me to grow a variety of things, strawberries, carrots, blueberries, corn, wheat, beets, rice, oranges, cherries, mango's, green beans, lettuce, water melon, maybe even some hotdog trees!

God is tilling me. In this time of preparation i need to learn from the other fields around me. I need to learn how to grow the things they can grow. I need to learn what it takes to produce other things than potatoes.
Once God is through tilling me for this season of life i will be ready to accept those other crops. Then the harvest will come once again and i will be able to produce the bounty of things God yearns to see from me.

Thank you to all those fields around me for showing me that there are other things to grow than potatoes. Thank you to those that are teaching me how to grow something more.
My apologies to those that grow tired of farming analogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment